Friday, October 12, 2012

Dreams

Things are really kicking into gear, practices are more intense, I'm more focused on my workouts and my training, I'm cranking out cookies and living the dream. When I look back at where I was  when I started this whole cookie experiment and fencing adventure of mine, almost three years ago the transition is  mind blowing. I started fencing because it looked like something fun to try, and a cool way to stay active  I mean you get to stab people with swords, whats not to like? I had no idea what a foil an epee or a sabre were let alone what a parry,or  reposte and I had no idea how far I could go in the sport. I've gone from fencing in a few very small events to fencing all around the country and now with an eye to making a run at international competitions. It seems that it will be a very busy year for this sword slinging cookie baking guy .


Today I signed up for the first domestic event of the 2012-2013 Milwaukee Wisconsin in December. I'm looking forward to the competition, despite the fact that it going to be in December..In Wisconsin! Ive put in a lot of work since the end of last season and i'm looking forward to getting back out there and applying what ive learned.
The push for 50 dozen this month is still going strong, a few roadblocks but that's nothing that cant be managed, there are still a few people out there that don't quite get that Wheeling Chef is not a hobby for me, that it is how I pay for entry fee's gear and  hotel stays and food while I'm competing, and on occasion the funds get used to fill the gas tank so that I can get to practice.
Thank you all for your suppourt along the way, many of you have been involved with this since the start, I hope it has been as fun for you to watch the progression as it has for me as I continue to reach for my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment